Who is ready for fall?? Um, I feel like EVERYONE. To me, fall means the possibility of cooler weather, time to get back into a school routine, and of course all things pumpkin! It can be a busy season but also such a fun one! There are tons of seasonal activities that are aimed at families but fall can also be a great time to reconnect with your significant other.
Here are some fun (and affordable!!)
ideas for having a date night in
the coastal bend this season!
- Go for a romantic, after dinner walk at the beach – or bring a picinic! Drive out to Port A, North Beach in Corpus, or Rockport beach for some fun quality time with your sweetie. Fall marks the end of peak tourist season here so the beaches are MUCH less crowded and evening temps can be quite pleasant. Pack some cheese, crackers, fruit, wine, and voila! A romantic night of fun!
- Go to a local festival! This season brings lots of fun local celebrations! There are two that I am particularly excited about this year. The first is the Hummerbird Celebration (Sept 13-16). And the next is Sea Fair (Oct 11-14). Both of theses events are held in Rockport and provide a variety of different activities and entertainment! I’m know there will be many other fun festivals as well!
- Have a bon fire and make some s’mores! Few things are more romantic than a cozy fire for two on a breezy fall night! My husband and I have an inexpensive fire pit in our backyard that we just love to use in the fall. And in fact, if you are looking to buy a fire pit, fall can be a great time to do so as they are often marked down as part of summer inventory. Or, you could even have your own bon fire at the beach!
- Go to a hometown football game! Pretend you are kids again and go cheer on your favorite local team! Have some fun snacks, or yummy drinks and snuggle up in the stands. Maybe even steal a smooch for every touch down!
- Go wine tasting! This is on my to-do list for sure. There is a venue in Rockport that I have been dying to try called “Winery on the Bay.” I have heard rave reviews and hope to get a date night there with my husband very soon. The venues “Vino Mio” and “Tannins,” both located in Corpus Christi also come highly recommended. We hope to try those out eventually as well!