I am a Texas girl for sure. I love that “Everything is bigger in Texas.” I love the people and the way of life. But even as much as I love it here sometimes it does not hurt to get a change of scenery. I have been on trips before. Out of town for a weekend and road trips with friends and family. Perhaps you may have read some of our other road trip blog posts. Over the years I have been to different places, I can’t say I have been everywhere, but I have been to some nice places. Very recently I went somewhere I had never been… Hawaii. My husband took us on a family vacation to a literal paradise.
It was amazing and beautiful. I do not even think I have words to describe the gorgeous views. All I know is after the crazy year we had last year and getting through a semester at school this trip was very much needed. It was a getaway from everything and everyone, forgetting all our worries. Sometimes being in a place away from home can relax you and take your mind off of everything.
We went to the Hawaiian island called Oahu, where we stayed with some family. If you ever get the chance to visit Hawaii I thought that I would show/tell you all some of the places and highlights from our vacation.
- Waikiki Beach– seems to be the tourist spot to go to. There is shopping, restaurants, hotels, and of course the beach.
- Pearl Harbor National Memorial– The National Memorial dedicated to those who lost their lives in the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.
- Dole Plantation– Pineapples! Pineapples! Pineapples! Where they have a garden tour, train tour, garden maze, a gift shop, and a variety of pineapple snacks to enjoy!
- Sharks Cove, North Shore– Bring your water shoes! This rocky beach is a famous spot to go snorkeling.
- Kualoa Beach Park– A very beautiful open beach area for families to come out and relax. Nearby (we did not get a chance to go) is Kualoa Ranch where they have filmed several movies including Jurassic Park.
- Makapu’u Lookout– a gorgeous spot to take pictures of the water. There’s also a trail you can hike up to the Makapu’u Point Lighthouse.
- Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa– Of course Disney would have a resort in one of the most beautiful places on Earth! So, in case you’re thinking this place is way too expensive for me, people are allowed to be day visitors and walk around. My family and I went for the day shopped the gift shops and took pictures. Definitely would love to go back and stay at the resort one day.
These are the highlights of our Hawaiian vacation. We enjoyed it so much and would love to go back one of these days. What are some of your favorite vacation spots that I should try next?