Strawberries, blueberries and whipped cream – the perfect dessert combo.
If you are looking for an EASY sweet summer recipe – then my Grandma White’s strawberry cake is for you.
The best part of it is — strawberries do NOT need to be in season because you are using frozen fruit. So technically you can make this all year long.
- 1 Box white cake mix
- 1 small box strawberry jello mix
- 1 package (thawed) frozen strawberries
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup juice from the frozen strawberries
- 4 eggs
(Another great part of the recipe… no scratch cooking!) You simply use boxed cake mix and boxed strawberry jello mix!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease/flour (or spray) a bundt pan.
- Start by mixing the cake mix, jello mix, oil, water, and the strawberry juice in a mixer.
- Next, you will add the eggs – but this is KEY – mix one egg at a time. This will help make the mixture very fluffy (and make the cake extra yummy).
- After the eggs are all incorporated, it’s time to fold in the thawed strawberries.
- Once the strawberries are folded in, add the mixture to the bundt pan and pop into your preheated oven.
While it is baking at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, it’s time to make the glaze.
- Add the remaining strawberry juice and whisk it with some powdered sugar. (This is an eyeball thing — so add small amounts of sugar until you get the desired consistency you want.)
- Once the cake is out of the oven, carefully “flip” it onto your favorite display plate.
- Spoon the glaze over the cake (while warm).
Once cool – dress it up with fresh fruit. I like to slice a few large strawberries to fan out, and decorate with blueberries.
Once you are ready to serve — you can add whipped cream (fresh or store bought) to finish it off!
I have been eating and making this generational recipe for more than 40 years. I hope you and your family enjoy.
Want more yummy recipes …. check out these from the archives!