When we get really down about all this “Corona Virus” stuff our family says “well this _______ is a coronablessing”.
Some of our recent blessings include; my daughter keeping her blue highlights because she hasn’t needed to return to school yet, sleeping in every morning, weekday trips to the beach, and movie nights on a school night. But one that we especially love is mid morning smoothies. These couldn’t happen if the kids were in school all day. So every morning around 10:30 we get out my trusty Blendtec and we blend up happiness in a glass.
- Plain greek yogurt
- frozen strawberries (around 1 cup)
- frozen banana (one whole)
- a few peach slices (if we have a fresh peach on hand)
- 1/2 avocado (pitted obviously)
- 5 thin slices of zucchini
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 8 oz unsweetened almond milk (or to desired consistency)
We love this delicious treat and it’s honestly a full meal for my kiddos! We split this two or three ways depending on who is home.
What “Coronablessings” have you found lately?