There is nothing quite like coming home to the smell of something delicious cooking in the oven. Some nights, however, we are running around like mad and need something that we can heat and eat.
My family does their fair share of soup and sandwich nights, so sometimes, I like to pre-cook a meal that can be easily reheated at any point – including the next day!
When I was growing up, meatloaf was a staple in our home. I thought my mom, my dad, and my grandma all made DELICIOUS meatloaf and I couldn’t wait to make it for my family. However, my oldest has multiple food allergies, so a lot of the recipes we ate growing up, were not safe for my family.
So, I started experimenting and came up with this fool-proof, super simple, super delicious, meatloaf…and you know what: It’s Better than you Moms’s Meatloaf!
Click play to see the recipe in action or skip below to read the recipe!
FOR THE MEATLOAF:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 pkg dried onion soup mix
- 1 cup dried panic bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
FOR THE TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together ground beef, dried onion soup mix, bread crumbs, milk, and 2 Tbsp of Worcestershire sauce. Mix until well incorporated.
- Form mixture into a loaf and place into a regular sized loaf pan.
- Bake loaf for 45 minutes at 350 degrees
- While the loaf is baking, mix together the ingredients for the topping – mix well.
- After 45 minutes, remove the loaf and drain off some of the excess grease.
- Increase the oven temperature to 425 degrees.
- Cover the loaf with the topping mixture and return to the oven for about 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- Once it hits 160, remove from oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
Serve with your favorite side dish! We LOVE to have this with garlic mashed potatoes and green peas! It also is DELICIOUS served with some yummy bread as a sandwich!
What are your fave side dishes for meatloaf? Be sure to bookmark this page to save this recipe, you can also find us on YouTube!