Summer vacation is here friends and
WE. ARE. HERE FOR IT!
We have scoured our archives and I am totally reminiscing about my 40 Day Bucket List Adventures, and I’ve come up with a super fun Coastal Bend Area summer bucket list — what will you check off the list this year?
- SWIM and let the children swim daily if possible – you can get a fairly inexpensive kid’s pool online or at HEB/Target and have fun all summer long! Or, make a plan to visit all of the pools and splash pads in the area!
- Eat frozen treats, often. Popsicles, smoothies, fro-yo, raspas, you name it! If it’s frozen and delicious, we are going to be consuming it this month!
- Eat a picnic (breakfast, lunch, or dinner!) outside
- Go to the beach and build a sandcastle
- Watch a movie as a family.
- Go on a Nature Walk If you haven’t been before, try Suter Wildlife Refuge or the Oso Bay Wetlands Preserve and Learning Center
- Blow Bubbles… and pop them!
- Have Some Sidewalk Chalk Fun
- Play Hopscotch
- Jump Rope
- Watch the Sunrise
- Go on a Bike Ride
- Fly a Kite
- Paint with Water Paint the sidewalk or fence with just a paintbrush and a small bucket of water!
- Plant Flowers
- Explore the beautiful blooms and the Butterfly House at the South Texas Botanical Gardens
- Go Fishing
- Camp Outside
- Play Soccer
- Set up a Water or Sand Table to Play In
- Pick Flowers for Someone Special
- Play a Game of Putt-Putt Golf : Treasure Island Golf & Games: Who doesn’t like putt putt golf? Who doesn’t like to school their husband and kids? I like anything where we can have fun as a family and get a little competitive. Treasure Island Golf & Games is the perfect place for outdoor family fun!
- Visit a Farmer’s Market
- Swing and Slide at a Park or Playground
- Participate in a Virtual Walk/Run with Your Family!
- Ride your Bike or Skateboard
- Create and Attempt Your Own Obstacle Course
- Read a Book Outside
- Put a Blanket Out and Stargaze at Night
- Make a Bird Feeder or Birdhouse and enjoy some bird-watching
- Make a Lemonade Stand
- Get Out Your Baseball and Play Catch
- Dolphin Connection: It may be a little out of our way, but it’s totally worth seeing the dolphins in Ingleside! (Told you we love the outdoors and nature!) Dolphin Connection offers exclusive and intimate trips for only 6 people. Reservations are a MUST. They only run their trips during peak viewing times, which for the close-up sightings of dolphins is worth the reservation.
- Aransas National Wildlife Refuge: Alligators, wild hogs, birds, and mini hiking trails. What better way to spend the day during the summer!
- Family Art Time. The Art Center of Corpus Christi is offering virtual family art time packages. Check out their website here for details!
- Geocaching is a great social distancing approved activity. You can find out more about geocaching in the Coastal Bend here.
- Visit a local museum. The CC Museum of Science and History, the Art Museum of South Texas, K Space Contemporary, the USS Lexington, and The Art Center of Corpus Christi are some of my favorite spots in the Coastal Bend! Check their websites for updated policies due to the pandemic.
- Take photos with the many beautiful murals around Corpus Christi! I made it a point to visit as many as possible during my 40 Day Adventures and it made me SO happy!
So tell me: What is on your family’s
Summer Bucket List?
Our sisters over at Alamo City created this fun printable – pop over and check out their list of fun activities too – San Antonio is an easy day trip away with lots of adventures for your family! Print and fill in a summer bucket list for your family – add in summer traditions YOU have and don’t forget to get your family’s input! Click the image above to open the pdf.